Can I use international trains to countries outside Germany?
Your German Rail Pass is valid for domestic trains within Germany. In addition, your pass is also valid for travel to several stations across the border
- Belgium: Brussels and Liège
- Italy: Bolzano, Trento, Verona, Bologna and Venice
- Switzerland: Basel
For all other international trains leaving from any city in Germany, you need to buy a ticket for the part of the journey beyond the German border. Check out the overview for all other international train connections.
Besides train connections, there are also Deutsche Bahn IC Busses included in your German Rail Pass. The following destinations are included:
- Belgium: Antwerp, Ghent and Liège
- Czech Republic: Prague
- France: Lille
- Poland: Poznan, Lódz, Warsaw Airport and Warsaw
- The Netherlands: Roermond and Eindhoven
- Switzerland: Zurich